FC United of Manchester FC United of Manchester FC United of Manchester

FC United of ManchesterSmaller TextLarger Text

Points Shared As Reserves Cross Pennines

In a journey over the Pennines, FC United required two second half strikes from Cameron Horner to rescue a point in a 2-2 draw. Goals from Jordan Rouse and Andrew White had given the home side a first half lead.

The first came from a corner by White and Rouse headed home unchallenged. White nearly doubled the lead on fifteen minutes when allowed to break beyond the FC defence but shot over.

It was not until the twentieth minute that FC recorded a shot on target although Jack Tinning’s effort was easily saved. Soon afterwards he set up Charlie Doyle for the best FC United move of the half as Charlie Doyle found space to shoot across Daniel Scheck in the home goal. That however was merely the prelude to White doubling the lead and a radical plan from the touchline as Cooper, Horner and Summerbee came on for Buckley, Potter and Tinning. The latter going back on less than ten minutes later as a replacement for Van Gils as a rolling substitution.

The second half could only see improvement for FC United as they quickly pulled a goal back. Connor Martin had a shot just wide before passing forward for Horner to chip over Scheck and into the net after just three minutes. Midway through the half Horner had another chance but failed to beat Scheck and White could have restored a two goal lead for RIASA, a free header from a free kick, Jupp turning it over for a corner from which Doyle cleared off the line.

Jason Fowles came on for Jacob Holt and provided Martin with a chance that was turned over by the RIASA keeper. The equaliser came after 83 minutes as the Martin and Horner combination worked again. FC United pressed for a winner and RIASA threatened on the break but the game drifted to an end with points shared.

Home Email Facebook Reddit

First Posted ~ 12:12 Sun 27 Sep 2015
News ID ~ 6402
Last Updated ~ 12:18 Sun 27 Sep 2015