FC United of Manchester FC United of Manchester FC United of Manchester

FC United of ManchesterSmaller TextLarger Text

FC Youth Victorious At Northwich

The FC United youth team strode out into the Cheshire countryside on Tuesday and returned from the Victoria Stadium (my apologies to those who spotted the deliberate mistake) with a comfortable 5-1 win. Man of the match Theo Kidd may only have scored one goal but provided a contribution to the other four.

The reds started brightly, Jonathan Poizer came close twice in the first five minutes, although only the second effort truly tested Thomas Wilson in the Vic’s goal. Thomas Minnock was next to take up the challenge with another two good efforts before ten minutes had passed.

In truth the only surprise was that it took a further five minutes for the first goal to arrive, and then in true public transport fashion, two more came in the next seven minutes in a dazzling display of pass and move football.

The first saw Theo use his strength to burst into the box on the left and cross invitingly for Thomas to slot home. The second came five minutes later as the same pair combined to set up Brian Totton and two minutes later Jonathan Poizer. In between the goals Theo and Thomas had further chances of their own. It seemed then that a shell-shocked home side would have no answer to FC’s fire power and the only question was what the final score could be.

Unfortunately seasoned watchers of the game will be aware that it seldom works out like that and Northwch did indeed begin to claw their way back into the game. They probably should have scored in the 27th minute when they were rightly awarded a penalty. The shot from Theo Bailey was too straight and Andrew Farrimond was able to make a save before the ball was scrambled out of the box. The remainder of the first half was more even with both sides having good chances. Jonathan and Thomas were both just wide with free kicks and Northwich were wide with their kick from the edge of the box.

Northwich made the brighter start to the second half and might consider themselves unlucky not to have scored with the first attack. They did score just before the hour when they were awarded a second penalty, this time Ryan Valentine stepped up and slotted into the corner of the goal.

That was however merely to provide light relief for the home side as another sharp blast from FC saw them score twice in five minutes midway through the half. It was 4-1 when Sam Howell on the left passed down the line for Theo to chase, he shrugged off the defender and charged into the box before shooting past the Vic’s custodian. The best however was saved until last when in a move where it is hard to recall which FC players didn’t have possession, substitute Matthew Hassall broke through the back line with an exchange of passing with Theo before firing home.

That in truth was effectively game over although FC could have scored more and Northwich wasted a free kick with a shot straight at Andrew stood in the centre of his goal. Next up is Altrincham on Sunday.

FC United of Manchester: Andrew Farrimond, Obrian Richards, Jermaine DreMetz, James Brooks, Kyle Cunningham, Thomas Minnock, Jonathan Poizer (Matthew Hassall 57 mins), Asima Matabaro (Connor Naughton 72 mins), Theo Kidd, Brian Totton, Sam Howell (Kane Joyce 72 mins). Subs not used: Jonathan Beisty and Nickeele Locke.

Goals: Thomas Minnock (15 mins), Brian Totton (20 mins), Jonathan Poizer (22 mins), Theo Kidd (65 mins), Matthew Hassall (67 mins).

Caution: Asima Matabaro.

Home Email Facebook Reddit

First Posted ~ 13:47 Wed 24 Aug 2011
News ID ~ 3719
Last Updated ~ 13:47 Wed 24 Aug 2011