FC UNITED v Warrington Town. 3pm Saturday, 21st September 2019 (FA Cup 2QR)

A forum for posting matchday information only, for both home and away games. Opposition supporters are welcome to post - no registration necessary for them.
Post Reply
Guy Mansfield

FC UNITED v Warrington Town. 3pm Saturday, 21st September 2019 (FA Cup 2QR)

Post by Guy Mansfield »

Emirates FA Cup: FC United v Warrington Town- Match arrangements

On Saturday 21st September ko 3pm, FC United welcome Warrington Town to Broadhurst Park in the Emirates FA Cup 2nd round qualifying - Admission is pay on the gate £12 Adults, £7 Concessions, £3 u/18s.

Saturday 21st September kick-off 3pm
Emirates FA Cup- second round qualifying
FC United v Warrington Town
Broadhurst Park
Lightbowne Road, Moston
Manchester, M40 0FJ.

Adults £12
Concessions £7
Under 18’s £3

If the match is drawn at full time, the replay will be on Tuesday 24th September at Warrington: 7:45pm kick off.

Programme cost is £2 and teamsheets cost 50p (or minimum donation). Both are available from inside the ground at the SMRE turnstiles.

Turnstiles open at 1pm.
Between 12 noon and 1pm, fans wishing to access the Main Stand function room bar can gain admission via Main Reception by cash payment of the match admission price.


Supporters will be able to reserve seats in one block of the Main Stand on a first come first served basis, by calling the FC United office 24 hours before kick-off on 0161 769 2005. A maximum of 4 seats can be reserved per person. Those who have reserved seating need to collect a wristband from the FC United office accessible through the main reception on the day of the match. These wristbands will only be available until the kick off time of the match.


There will be three bars open throughout the ground.
Alcoholic drinks are permitted to be consumed in view of the pitch and therefore served in plastic glasses.

The Main Function room will be open from 12pm-4pm serving hot food, alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.

The SMRE bar will be open from 1pm-6.30pm serving hot food, alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. Cask Ale is available.
A live music set will be on from 1:30 – 2:55 (further details to follow)
The Kazbar serves hot food and non alcoholic beverages and will open from 1.30pm to 4.00pm.
The Chippy, located in the corner of the North Stand and SMRE terrace serves hot food and non alcoholic beverages.


Situated in the far third of the Main Stand function room, the meal will be served at 1pm.

FC Match Day Dining includes:
- Match admission, seating or terracing
- Complimentary match day programme and team sheets
- Complimentary parking pass (1 for every 4 guests)
- Welcome drink and 3 course meal
- Cash bar

The match day dining costs
£39 Adults
£29 Under 12s

Please book match day dining by 5pm on the Wednesday before the match, by emailing ruth.slater@fc-utd.net or telephone 0161 769 2005


The Club Shop located at front of the ground to the right of the Main Reception will be open from 1pm-3pm and for 15-20 minutes after the final whistle.
There is no entry to the shop at half-time.


We advise that all supporters read the travel information and make a note of where traffic marshals will ask you to refrain from parking.

For travel information please click here: http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/travel_hub.php


The FREE shuttle bus will make 3 journeys from Manchester and 4 journeys from the Railway Pub (adjacent to Newton Heath & Moston Metrolink stop), to Broadhurst Park. The bus will also pick supporters up at the Fairway Inn on Broadway.

Departs: 12.00pm – Crowne Plaza Hotel at Shudehill
Pick up: 12.20pm – Railway Pub adjacent to Newton Heath/Moston Metrolink
Arrives: 12.25pm at Broadhurst Park
Pick up: 12.30pm - Fairway Inn, Broadway
Arrives: 12.35pm at Broadhurst Park

Departs: 1.00pm – Crowne Plaza Hotel at Shudehill
Pick up: 1.20pm – Railway Pub adjacent to Newton Heath/Moston Metrolink
Arrives: 1.25pm at Broadhurst Park
Pick up: 1.30pm - Fairway Inn, Broadway
Arrives: 1.35pm at Broadhurst Park

Departs: 2.00pm – Crowne Plaza Hotel at Shudehill
Pick up: 2.20pm – Railway Pub adjacent to Newton Heath/Moston Metrolink
Arrives: 2.25pm at Broadhurst Park
Pick up: 2.30pm - Fairway Inn, Broadway
Arrives: 2.35pm at Broadhurst Park

Departs: 2.45pm – Railway Pub adjacent to Newton Heath/Moston Metrolink
Arrives: 2.50pm at Broadhurst Park

After the match the shuttle bus will make two trips back to The Crowne Plaza in Manchester via Newton Heath / Moston Metrolink stop. The first trip will leave immediately after the match from Lightbowne Road at approximately 4.50pm. The second will leave at approximately 6pm from the club car park.

Supporters can also take the 181/182 First Bus service from Lever Street in Manchester city centre, alighting outside the ground on St. Mary’s Road.


We would urge supporters to use the car parks we have available for a charge of £5 at the ground, and for £3 at the nearby St Matthew’s School, only 3 minutes’ walk from the ground.

We are under a duty to ensure areas such as St Mary’s Road and the north of Nuthurst Road are not used by visitors to Broadhurst Park.

Supporters should be mindful that there is no parking on:

- St Mary’s Road and the streets off St Mary’s Road; including Teddington Road, Merridale Road, Worthington Street and Tymm Street.

- Nuthurst Road;

- the West side of Moston Lane and the streets off it.

We always need more volunteers to act as traffic marshals and indeed for a number of matchday functions, so if you can help, send an email to volunteers@fc-utd.co.uk or telephone the office on 0161 769 2005 and leave a contact number.

Enjoy the game.
Paul Hinson
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: FC UNITED v Warrington Town. 3pm Saturday, 21st September 2019 (FA Cup 2QR)

Post by Paul Hinson »

This is the first meeting between the two clubs.
England World Cup winner Roger Hunt played for the visitors when they were known as Stockton Heath Albion. Stockton were formed in 1949 and adopted their current name in 1961.
FCUM have exited the FA Cup 8 times at home in 12 seasons.
Midfielder Adam Carden scored 4 goals in 91 appearances for FCUM between 2007 and 2009 and is brother of the manager Paul Carden.
Warrington Town are the 5th opponents from the county of Cheshire in the FA Cup, the others being Nantwich Town, Northwich Victoria, Woodley Sports and Witton Albion.
FCUM have scored in all of their last 9 FA Cup ties since losing 0-2 at Harrogate Town in 2016.
Live FCUM match updates at: http://liveteamstats.com/
Nick Duckett
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed 21 Aug, 2019 8:31 pm

Re: FC UNITED v Warrington Town. 3pm Saturday, 21st September 2019 (FA Cup 2QR)

Post by Nick Duckett »

Warrington's match report

WARRINGTON Town came from behind to beat FC United 2-1 and progress to the next round of the FA Cup.

Skipper Mark Roberts headed the winner 20 minutes from time after Mitch Duggan had quickly responded to FC United’s first half opener through Regan Linney.

It puts the Yellows in to the hat for the third qualifying round draw on Monday, just two wins away from the FA Cup first round proper.

In a wonderfully open cup tie, the Yellows would have the first shot on target inside two minutes, a low drive from Scott Sephton comfortably saved by Patrick Wharton.

Both sides required regular interventions from defenders in the opening quarter, Ben Garrity regularly getting in behind for the Yellows to cause problems, his marauding run on 12 minutes resulting in him opening his body up for a right foot shot that was well saved by the feet of Wharton.

Tunde Owolabi was the source of FC United’s main threat down the left hand side, though it was a header from him off a Mike Potts free-kick that should have resulted in more, in the end cleared by Steve Jennings close to the line.

After Tony Gray dragged a shot wide, FC United were given the chance to take the lead from the penalty spot. The Yellows failed to clear their lines and a poor header by Mitch Duggan put them under pressure, and Regan Linney went down over a trailing Dave Raven leg in the box and the referee had no choice but to point to the spot.

Linney stepped up and though Tony McMillan went the right way, it was too well struck and the hosts led.

Their lead was shortlived though, two minutes later a free-kick was headed out only as far as Duggan, who struck a superb half-volley in to the bottom corner for 1-1.

That really opened the game up, and on one FC United attack, no fewer than four separate Yellows defenders had to make diving blocks inside the box.

Owolabi continued to cause problems, his cross headed just over by Craig Carney, who then had a chance when he sneaked in to beat the offside trap, McMillan quickly out of his goal to save with his legs.

McMillan also saved well to deny Linney moments later after FC United broke following a Yellows attack where Garrity got in behind but shot straight at Wharton.

An almost breathless first half ended at 1-1 with Alex Byrne scuffing a shot wide after his free-kick was only half-cleared.

Jack Dunn made his first appearance of the season coming off the bench for Matty Chadwick at half time, but his stint was short-lived – forced off injured just 15 minutes later, though not before he had narrowly missed with a free kick from the edge of the box.

There wasn’t much in the way of chances in the second half as both sides flagged.

And it took Warrington’s king of assists, Byrne, to create the winner, his corner flicked on by Garrity for skipper Mark Roberts to head home his third goal of the season from point blank range at the far post with 20 minutes to go.

The hosts couldn’t carve out any sort of opening in the final quarter, and though McMillan had to save well in the six minutes of injury time to deny Aaron Morris on the turn, the Yellows were well worth their win in the end.

The two sides meet again on Tuesday night in the league at Cantilever Park.

FC United: Wharton, Morris, Dodd, Doyle, Dean, Jones, Rodney, Potts (Lenehan), Owolabi, Linney (Sharp), Carney (Donohue). Subs: Hellawell, Blackledge, Joyce, Belford

Warrington Town: McMillan, Duggan, Barnes, Jennings, Roberts, Raven, Garrity, Sephton, Chadwick (Dunn (Dixon)), Gray, Byrne (Amis). Subs: McCarten, Warren, Tansey, Speare.
Guy Mansfield

Re: FC UNITED v Warrington Town. 3pm Saturday, 21st September 2019 (FA Cup 2QR)

Post by Guy Mansfield »

PftG winning numbers:

Nick Duckett
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed 21 Aug, 2019 8:31 pm

Re: FC UNITED v Warrington Town. 3pm Saturday, 21st September 2019 (FA Cup 2QR)

Post by Nick Duckett »

FC United crashed out of the Emirates FA Cup after suffering a 2-1 home defeat to Warrington Town at Broadhurst Park ?on Saturday afternoon?.

Despite taking the lead through a Regan Linney penalty, the Reds found themselves on the wrong end of the three goal split thanks to a quick equaliser from Mitch Duggan and a second half gift for Connor Roberts.

As the old cliché goes, it simply was a game of two halves. The first half being a competitive cup tie with both teams looking dangerous and fired up to get through to the next round, and the second being a much slower game where the Reds never really got into the swing of things.

FC took the lead after just 26 minutes when Craig Carney was brought down in the box, before Linney fired home his spot-kick to open the scoring.

It didn’t take the visitors long to draw level though and within two minutes a sublime strike left FC ‘keeper Paddy Wharton with no chance as Duggan levelled things up.

Both teams had chances to take the lead before the break with the most notable for FC being a strike from Tunde Owolabi which was blocked before he and captain Mike Potts got in each other’s way to see the joint effort go flying over the bar and deep into the terrace on the St Mary’s Road End.

In the second half the performance from FC became a bit fatigued and lackadaisical, with chances being very much at a premium. In such a close game, where nothing was being created it was always a feeling that an error could decide things. That error wasn’t one specific event, but the FC defence was poor in picking up men in the box and as the ball came to Roberts inside the six yard box, it was a gift that he was never going to reject.

The visiting side ran down the clock with some fine examples of gamesmanship and time management, but the truth is FC didn’t really deserve to take much away from what was a closely contested game. Reno’s men have an immediate shot at retribution as they take their current league run of four games without defeat to Warrington ?on Tuesday evening?.

Report by Craig Phillips

and report from the Warrington Guardian

FIRST and foremost, this was an enthralling FA Cup tie.

Wonderfully open and played at high intensity, each of the near 1,300 in attendance got their money’s worth.

The fact these two will meet again in the BetVictor Northern Premier Division on Tuesday night can only be a treat for the neutral.

In terms of the cup though, and the financial rewards it can provide, it is Warrington who creep ever closer to the main draw.

> 'It had a bit of everything' - Yellows boss on their FA Cup victory

They have made a habit of thriving in front of big crowds and in front of another one at Broadhurst Park, they did so again as their superior composure won them the game.

Warrington Guardian:

What it means to score an FA Cup winner - Mark Roberts celebrates. Picture by John Hopkins

Yellows may have ceded a lot of possession, but they were finding plenty of space and encouragement going forward.

FC were struggling to pick up Tony Gray’s ghost-like movement while Ben Garrity was thriving on charging into the spaces he left ahead of him.

Town’s midfield dynamo has more pace than he is given credit for and it got him in behind the home defence plenty of times – his efforts should have yielded at least one goal.

At the other end, FC’s tactic was clear – hit the channels early to utilise their mobile front three of Tunde Owolabi, Regan Linney and Nialle Rodney.

The former of that trio in particular was causing Mitch Duggan plenty of problems with his pace and power, encouraged by the constant chorus of home support from behind the goal.

It was Linney who manufactured their opening goal however – Dave Raven offered no complaints as referee Richard Eley adjudged him to have tripped the striker in the box and while Tony McMillan got a hand to the penalty, Linney was left celebrating.

Those celebrations lasted just two minutes, though, as Duggan escaped from his trial by pace to crash in a superb long-ranger to level matters.

Warrington Guardian:

Mitch Duggan thunders in a superb equaliser. Picture by John Hopkins

Both keepers were well-employed in a first half that could conceivably have ended with many more goals – a sign of what a raucous, open game this was.

Jack Dunn could not have scripted a better game for his first back from injury – the wide, open spaces would have suited him down to the ground.

However, after just 15 minutes, down he went again and his race was run – a real shame for a man who can turn a game in an instant but has been plagued by injuries.

FC were still threatening in attack, but now they were being supported by their industrious midfield who were starting to dominate the second balls.

Still, that did not mean they could afford to switch off at a set piece.

They did, and Yellows made them pay.

Garrity – always such a threat in dead-ball situations – flicked on expertly and Mark Roberts could hardly miss.

Warrington Guardian:

Mark Roberts heads home the winning goal. Picture by John Hopkins

That succeeded in quietening the Red Rebel choir and the life seemed to drain from their team.

It would have been easy for Town to slip into preservation mode, but far from it. If anything, they had the clearer chances after taking the lead as FC lacked punch.
Post Reply