FC United Community Shares Scheme
Welcome to the FC United Community Shares Scheme web page.
Community Share Scheme Remains Open.
Download the Community Shares Application Form
On this page you can get all the information you need about the FC United Community Shares Scheme, which is a vital part of our fundraising package that will enable us to develop our own ground and community facilities in Moston. We need your support!
A Summary of the FC United Community Share Scheme
The cost of the ground at Moston is around £4.8m. Uniquely in English football, we have already raised nearly £1.7m in Community Shares. This is a fantastic amount and means we reached our initial target.
However, the scheme will remain open to increase this amount further to help offset costs and borrowing requirements.
It also means that the opportunities to be part of this exciting scheme - or to increase the amount you have already purchased - can be extended.
- Participants must be members of FC United of Manchester. If you are not a member you can join on the application
- Minimum share purchase £200
- Maximum share purchase £20,000
- Up to 30% tax relief possible under HMRC Enterprise Investment Scheme for those buying £500 or more
- No withdrawals in the first three years of the scheme
- No interest payments in the first three years of the scheme
- Maximum withdrawal from the scheme of 10% of total share capital in any one year following year three
- Potential interest payments of up to 2% above base rate from Year 4
- IF YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT SHARES BEFORE
Please support our scheme - your support is vital and will be contributing to a unique community scheme. Please read the Offer Document and fill in an application form at the back.
Please download the Offer Document here.
- IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT SHARES FOR THE MOSTON SCHEME
Please consider adding to your existing purchase. Fill out an application form and follow instructions. If you want to know about purchasing shares by installment, please contact the office.
- IF YOU BOUGHT SHARES FOR NEWTON HEATH AND HAVE NOT SIGNED THEM OVER
We need you to sign over that money to the new scheme on the application form at the back of the Offer Document. We will write to you and ask you to sign the form. Please do this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Documents to Download
The FCUM Community Share Scheme Offer Document 2011
The FCUM Community Share Scheme Offer Document 2011 [smaller file size without pictures]
Business and Community Use Plan (December 2011)
Guide to Investing in Community Shares (Co-operatives UK and Development Trusts Association)
Moston Community Stadium Facility
Current Plans (coming soon)
Other Community Share Schemes
FC United’s Community Share Scheme is part of a growing number of schemes some of whom can be found here the www.shares.coop including fellow football club offers from Portsmouth FC and Wrexham FC