FC United Community Shares Scheme
Be part of history – help us get to £2m
How would you like to be part of something unique in football in the north west? Something that’s showing how the beautiful game could be run for the better and in the interests of the ordinary fan and something that shows that ordinary people can achieve something extraordinary? Sounds attractive doesn’t it?
FC United of Manchester has a vision about changing football that is already having an impact. The impact we are having is something that we can all be proud of - the building of our own ground. And you can be part of that by joining the over 1,500 people who have donated over £1.9m in community shares to help us realise our dream of a ground of our own. We need your help to get that figure up to £2m. Are you with us?
FC United’s Community Share scheme is a unique means by which the club is raising money to build the stadium and community facilities in Moston.
We are now a matter of weeks away from completing construction of the ground and community facilities at Broadhurst Park in Moston and every extra penny we can raise in community shares means that we have additional funds to further improve the ground and reduce the need to borrow funds. By buying community shares you’ll be making a massive difference in the local community by delivering real and lasting benefits to Moston and north Manchester and become part of something special that will show that there is a better way for football – by the fans and for the fans.
You can buy community shares from just £200 by downloading the application form here.
If you already have bought community shares, please consider whether you can add to that shareholding. If you haven’t bought community shares to date, be part of something truly ground breaking. Remember: the scheme qualifies for EIS tax relief so you could claim up to 30% of what you put in back against your tax.
Help us make a difference and be part of something special.
What do you need to do?
1. Update and Offer Document
- Read the Update and Offer Document.
2. How to Buy Shares
i) Use the application form in the Updated Offer document or download the application form from here.
ii) If you have already bought shares before, please mark the form where it asks you to.
iii) Send your application form to:
- Community Shares FC United of Manchester, Hope Mills, Pollard St, Manchester M4 7JB
iv) Pay by cheque or bank transfer:
- Cheques should be made payable to FC United of Manchester. Please write your membership number on the back of the cheque.
- Payment can be made by a bank transfer to the FC United Ground Project account the details for which are: Sort Code: 08-60-01, Bank Account Number: 20310466. Please quote your name and reference CSST2 so that your payment can easily be linked to your application for shares.
v) If you would like to pay by instalments, please contact the club – email@example.com
The main scheme benefit is that you help FC United develop its own facility and deliver real and lasting benefits to Moston and North Manchester.
However, our share scheme has advanced approval from the HMRC’s Enterprise Investment Scheme. This means that you could receive 30% of what you put in back against your tax.
4. Share Scheme Key Points
- Participants must be members of FC United of Manchester. If you are not a member you can join on application.
- Minimum share purchase for new purchasers - £200
- Maximum share purchase £20,000
- Existing shareholders – no minimum!
- Up to 30% tax relief possible under HMRC Enterprise Investment Scheme
- No withdrawals in the first three years of the scheme
- No interest payments in the first three years of the scheme
- Maximum withdrawal from the scheme of 10% of total share capital in any one year following year three
- Potential interest payments of up to 2% above base rate from Year 4
Documents to Download:
Offer Document and Updated Information (Feb 2014)
Application form (Feb 2014)
Business and Community Use Plan (Dec 2011)